Community Project Officer / Social Inclusion – Local Government
Sydney South West & M5 Corridor
Great opportunity for an experienced Community Project Officer with a working knowledge of social justice and community development principles available.
Maternity leave contract, initial 6 month contract, may extend out to 12 months.
35 hours per week standard hours. Additional paid after hours and weekend work will be a requirement of this role.
The position will be responsible for:
- Administration of Council’s suite of Community Financial Assistance Programs (Community Small Grants, Community Sponsorship, Donations for Charitable Purposes, Support for Special Achievers),
- Facilitation of Council groups/committees and their activities – Council International Friendship Association, Council Cohesive Communities Advisory Group,
- Event management – International Women’s Day, Multicultural March.
Applicants with the following requirements will be considered for this position:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience in relevant field
- Skills and experience in researching, analysing and articulating community needs and priorities;
- Skills and experience in developing, implementing and managing community development projects;
- High level of team work and communications skills both written and oral;
- Ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times
- Ability to represent Council in public forums and on external committees;
- Ability to work in a team environment as either a team leader or team member depending on the complexity of the project;
- An ability to develop creative solutions to community development needs to overcome tight fiscal constraints;
- An ability to establish and nurture good relationships with partners in the provision of goods and services to the LGA
- Advanced computer skills
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- Current Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of the outer south western LGA
- Previous experience working in a Council environment
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org