Development Engineer – Council
NSW, St Peters
Seeking experienced Development Engineer for to work for a Sydney based Council (Inner West), for a 6 month temporary position.
The Development Engineer will be responsible for managing engineering & public infrastructure matters in relation to development applications & consents; establishing & ensuring development compliance; and management of development referrals.
Competitive pay rates apply for this role!
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering
- Comprehensive experience in establishing engineering conditions of consent and successful management of development related activities impacting public infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Roads Act, Local Government Act and Environmental Planning & Assessment Act and associated regulations
- Sound experience in the design and construction of civil infrastructure
- A strong customer service ethic and a capacity to support innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (written & oral) and negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to engage staff and stakeholders and work collaboratively
- Ability to represent Council to external organisations, developers, customers and members of the public
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the complexity of Local Government, in particular the social, political and legal frameworks within which it operates.
- Understanding of or experience with the Australian Business Excellence framework or experience in development and execution of improvement initiatives or continuous improvement
- Sound understanding of floodplain management, traffic engineering, water sensitive urban design and related modelling as relates to development control
Apply via seek with Cover Letter or contact Roxanne or Tina 02 9734 7006