Librarian – Children’s Services Leader
Brisbane Northern Suburbs
Seeking applicants to work for a large northern regional Brisbane Council as the Children’s Services Leader.
Temporary contract up to 6 months.
The role will be responsible for leading the development, promotion and delivery of innovative and engaging library programs and services for children that support their learning, social and creative development.
Working across 10 Libraries, the successful applicant will be contributing to all facets of library programming and will have strong community engagement skills and subject expertise. Additional applicant requirements include:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary library services for children, including knowledge of trends in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) learning approaches.
- Proven project and budget management, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Well developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Degree in Library and Information Science or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Current Queensland Working with Children Blue Card or willingness to apply for prior to commencing work and provide evidence of suitability within 2 months of engagement.
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org