Patrolperson Local Laws – Council
Brisbane Northern Suburbs
Seeking applicants for a Patrolperson Local Laws position to work within a large northern Brisbane Council for a 6 month temporary appointment.
The position will be working as part of a community response team and will be responsible for carrying out local law compliance duties.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and resolve requests from the public regarding animals, nuisances, regulated parking, local laws and other community response related matters in a professional manner consistent with organisational standards and regard to powers of entry, conflict resolution and evidence gathering.
- Provide excellent customer service, advice, direction and solutions to the community in relation to breaches of legislation and local laws.
- Effectively manage customer requests and other tasks within defined timeframes ensuring that all matters are completed and final outcomes are communicated to customers and recorded onto appropriate council databases.
- Perform compliance patrols within the region and carry out the relevant legislative compliance action – this will include conducting improved inspection programs and physical patrols of streets, parks and other public areas under council’s control.
- Participate in council’s “After Hours On-Call” service.
- Provide reports and briefs to management and council and provide evidence in a court of law regarding investigations as required.
- Maintain and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will increase the effectiveness of the team.
- In accordance with procedure and when required, issue correspondence, compliance notices and penalty infringement notices for breaches of relevant State Government legislation, local laws and subordinate.
Applicants with the following experience will be considered:
- Demonstrated computer skills and competency associated with the position, such as the ability to use Pathway, Objective, Microsoft office suite, electronic infringement technology and mobile computing devices
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking manual tasks in a safe manner
- Demonstrated industry skills and experience in the application of local laws compliance activities
- Demonstrated numeracy, written and verbal communication skills sufficient to complete paper work, read safety instructions, plans, and to effectively communicate with the public and team members
- Experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set
- Well developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment
- Current Open Drivers Licence
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org