Ranger – ACT Government
Seeking applicants for the role of Ranger for a 6 month temporary assignment to work within the ACT Government sector.
The position will be responsible for investigation and enforcement of animal related matters, both office based and operational field based, including:
- Respond to and investigate alleged breaches of the Domestic Animals Act 2000 and Animal Welfare Act 1992 and enforce appropriate regulatory actions.
- Perform the duties of an authorised officer under the Domestic Animals Act 2000 and Animal Welfare Act 1992 and/or other legislation including, general patrols and issuing of infringement notices.
- Monitor and ensure that animals impounded progress to an outcome in a timely manner.
- Contribute to behavioural assessments of all impounded dogs to determine their suitability for rehoming.
- Manage and respond to animal nuisance complaints to ensure complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assess and process Keepers and Breeding licences in accordance with legislation.
- Consistently deliver high quality customer service including, negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to stakeholders on a range of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Operate and maintain Domestic Animal Services’ Information Technology Systems to ensure accurate data in relation to applications, registrations and renewals is maintained.
- Promote and educate the public on Responsible Pet Ownership and management.
- Preparedness to participate in clean and feed and assist with vet duties, including the euthanasia of dog(s).
To be considered, applicants must have the following requirements:
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigation) and or willingness to obtain
- Hold a current non-restricted Driver’s licence
- Working with Vulnerable People Card and or willingness to obtain
- Animal Husbandry experience is desirable
- Be physically able to walk 2km at a brisk pace without resting
- Have no manual handling restriction that would prevent safe physical exertion, i.e. push, pull, bend and lift
Suitability assessments may be undertaken, e.g. police, medical and psychometric.
Apply via email: email@example.com