Animal Kennel Hand – Government
Our Government client is seeking several individuals to operate as Kennel Hands within one of their depots – morning shift, Monday to Friday. These roles are expected to continue for approximately one month, but may extend.
Help us help our client in this important role. ASAP start.
- Daily feeding, watering and inspection of all animals.
- Daily cleaning of animal housing areas i.e. hose out, replace bedding, feeding and watering utensils.
- Administering medication and treatment as prescribed by veterinary practitioner.
- Routine disinfection of animal housing areas and equipment.
- Report any signs of illness, disease or discomfort observed in animals to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Preparation and provision of environmental enrichment activities for animals.
- Exercising of animals as required.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the vet room after consultations.
- Assist rangers to facilitate ‘Meet and greet’ between dogs and potential owners and seized dogs visits.
- Preparedness to assist with vet duties, including the euthanasia of dog(s).
- Operate and maintain Domestic Animal Services’ Information Technology Systems to ensure accurate data in relation to applications, registrations and renewals is maintained.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Ability to develop the knowledge and skills in handling and controlling dogs, including the ability to read a dog’s body language.
- Under supervision, follow direction in line with allocated work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Effectively communicate and liaise with staff, volunteers and members of the public to provide high quality customer service.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the TCCS values framework, workplace respect, equity and diversity framework, workplace health and safety best practise and industrial democracy principles and practise.
Apply now, or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.