Building Surveyor – Fire Safety (Facilities Management/Building Services)
Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Allstaff Australia is seeking an experienced Building Surveyor for a 6 month Part-Time (4 days per week) role with a large western Sydney Council.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the fire safety compliance and upgrades program of existing buildings and regulated premises to achieve an acceptable standard of health and safety for the community and Council.
This position is also responsible for providing a technical specialist and advisory service in relation to the statutory enforcement of Acts and regulations and will also be required to provide expert advice on building compliance and fire safety matters to members of the public and/or other council staff.
To be successful for this role, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Associate Diploma or Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent.
- Eligibility for accreditation or accredited at minimum A3 under the NSW BPB Accreditation Scheme.
- Current and unrestricted class C Drivers Licence.
- WHS General Induction for Construction Work in NSW Card (White Card).
- Demonstrated ability to apply fire safety solutions to existing buildings and the application of performance solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in issuing Fire Safety Orders, seeing these through to completion and recommending legal action as required. Include any knowledge of relevant Court procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Building Code of Australia, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979 and Local Government Act 1993 as it applies to building work and in particular fire safety provisions.
- Ability to interpret relevant legislation and policies with the ability to make appropriate decisions bearing in mind the circumstances and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in operation of various software and computer systems (e.g: office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Pathways, GIS, ICON) and specific technology (e.g: Digital Cameras and Video equipment).
If this sounds like you, hit the APPLY button now!