Civil Field Worker – Council
Sunshine Coast, Qld
Our Local Government client is currently seeking an individual to fulfill the role of Civil Field Worker – early March through to end August – may extend.
Your purpose is to carry out a hands-on role in delivering and maintaining efficient and effective day-to-day operation of civil maintenance and construction activities under general supervision.
Your responsibilities will involve general construction and maintenance labouring tasks associated with, but not limited to concreting, kerb and channelling, stormwater drainage, roads, roadside assets, bridges, and foreshores and reserves.
Other duties may include:
- Removal and disposal of debris
- Drive rigid motor vehicle up to 11 tonne GVM
- Work effectively as a member of a high performing work team and ensuring the provision of quality customer service at all times
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a timely manner to the required quality standards
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the obligations detailed in the Workplace Health & Safety Act & Regulations.
- Other such relevant duties
- Possession of WH&S Competency Card for CPCCOHS1001A – Work Safely in the Construction Industry or 30215QLD – Course in General Safety Induction (Construction Industry), or a willingness to obtain this card before commencement.
- Driver’s Licence – MR class
- Some experience in concrete finishing
- Experience in a hands-on role in civil maintenance and construction tasks
- Understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements and work practices.
- Physical agility and the level of fitness, strength and dexterity to carry out labouring and frequent heavy lifting and bending
- Traffic Controller’s licence
- Hepatitis B and Tetanus immunisation – may be essential if assessed as high risk
Apply now, or for more information email email@example.com.
Contact us to Apply
Tina Email us