Environmental Officer – Technical | Waste
Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
Our Local Government client is seeking a suitable individual to fulfill the role of Environmental Officer – Technical in order to provide leadership and specialist advice to support the effective management of waste for Council. Regular environmental inspections at Council’s sites forms a large part of the role.
The role is scheduled to continue until end August, although is likely to extend for the right candidate.
- Undertake environmental and health and safety compliance audits and induction programs at waste management facilities, landfills and transfer stations
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to achieve environmental outcomes
- Assist in the planning, management and delivery of civil, environmental and waste projects
- Prepare and analyse projects briefs, work scopes, specifications and associated documentation for works and services by contractors and service providers
- Implement and coordinate a range of assigned technical projects aimed at improving effectiveness and efficiencies in waste disposal and re-use/recycling processes and methods used
- Assist with the design, construction and operation of landfill systems (leachate, gas, waste cells) and infrastructure, including transfer stations, recycling facilities, temporary access roads, rehabilitation etc.
- Assist with the management of operations at the waste management facilities, including contractors, consultants and customer support
- Identify causes and research solutions regarding environmental issues, and liaise with all stakeholders to determine cost effective options for rectification, and manage procurement and delivery of these projects
- Undertake assigned technical investigations and generate technical reports for management
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or other relevant field
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set
- Demonstrated ability in applying environmental waste management principles, standards and concepts
- Ability to prepare and present clear, concise and accurate reports, including involving data collection and analysis
- Excellent time management skills
- Well developed people and relationship skills
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Construction Induction Card competency that has been used or obtained within the past 2 years.
Apply now, or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.