Heavy Vehicle Motor Mechanic
Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
We currently have a position available for a trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/diesel fitter for an initial 4 month contract with possible extension for the right candidate at a North Brisbane Council.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing regular preventative and corrective maintenance to fleet vehicles, plant equipment and other assets.
- Performing vehicle repairs and servicing.
- Steel fabrication and welding work.
- Guiding apprentices and assisting in their learning.
- Keeping records up to date using computer applications relating to the servicing and maintenance of tasks performed.
- Correctly using and maintaining the provided plant and equipment including PPE, according to council policies and procedures.
- Maintaining good working relations and dealing cooperatively with members of the public and team members.
Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours and participate in after hours call out roster as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised trade certificate in either heavy vehicle motor mechanics or diesel fitting.
- Current HR Licence.
- Experience in conducting repairs and maintenance on light, medium and heavy vehicles, and also mobile plant equipment.
- Strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in determining safe working practices and contributing as an effective team member.
Occupant must hold or be willing to obtain within 12 months of appointment, a Queensland recognised Road Worthy Examiners Licence for Heavy Commercial up to 16t GVM, Light Commercial and Passenger and Heavy / Light Trailers.
This position is looking commence ASAP, to apply please send your resume via Seek or phone Luke/Mary on 07 3390 8119.