Heavy Vehicle Plant Mechanic
NSW, Tumut, Snowy & Monaro
Allstaff Australia are seeing a trade qualified heavy vehicle mechanic for a 6 month assignment with a council.
The Plant Mechanic participates in a team that undertakes scheduled maintenance and repair works associated with the Council’s light and heavy fleet and plant infrastructure. The position is required to ensure all fleet and plant items are safe and performing reliably prior to release back into normal operation.
- TAFE trade certificate and licence in Automotive (Light Vehicle – Mechanical) and/or Automotive (Heavy Vehicle – Mechanical)
- RMS safety check qualifications (ASCIS & HVAIS examiner)
- Sound Mechanical knowledge and demonstrated experiencein maintenance, repair and problem solving.
- Sound working knowledge of activities associated with mechanical workshops (e.g. general lathe, machining skills, oxy cutting, welding etc.).
- Well-developed analytical skills and demonstrated innovative and flexible approach to fault finding and problem solving operational and maintenance requirements.
- Well-developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge and skills in the use of computer applications including email, Microsoft Office suite and other work related systems.
- NSW Class Medium Rigid (MR) Drivers Licence.
- Previous Local Government experience working in a mechanical workshop.
- Intermediate computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- NSW Class Heavy Rigid (HR) Drivers Licence
This is a great opportuntiy for someone who would like to get there foot in the door with the council, an employer of choice. For any further information please contact Vanessa on 02 9734 7006.