Landscape Officer – ACT Government
Suitably qualified and experienced Landscape Gardener required for immediate start until mid December. Attractive casual hourly rate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assess a wide range of planning and design submissions and provide technical responses within given timeframes against Design Standards, Codes, Guidelines and Policies.
- Coordinate single points of contact within Asset Owner areas to manage internal conflicting priorities ensuring that a single position is put forward at all times as the asset owner’s representative.
- Coordinate and oversee Asset Owner involvement in site activities ensuring appropriate site presence when required.
- Assist in undertaking the assessment and inspection for accepting municipal infrastructure assets that are built as part of subdivision, infill and capital works developments in the ACT.
- Assist in undertaking technical inspections of gifted assets and raise issues to project owners or representatives. Coordinate internal business units participation in that process where required, including ongoing defect management within specified periods.
To be eligible the successful applicant will require:
- A Degree in a relevant technical field such as Landscape Architecture, Construction, Horticulture and associated experience; or other qualifications and relevant technical experience deemed equivalent.
- Permanent resident of Australia.
- Drivers licence (C-class) is mandatory.
The successful applicant will be subjected to and need to pass a criminal history check.