Project Officer Waste – Part time – Council
Great opportunity for an experienced Project Officer with a background in waste (management or education) or environment/sustainability to support the Project Coordinator in managing the a Waste Recycling Trial on a 4 month temporary basis.
The position is a part time role available 21.75 hours per week, working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Key duties will involve recruiting new trial participants, communicating with participants and operational staff, data management and record keeping, ensuring the delivery of an effective waste service and customer service to the community.
This position will involve working with multiple stakeholders including strata bodies, Housing NSW, and other landowners to achieve better waste outcomes in properties across the LGA.
Applicant requirements include:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in a relevant discipline and / or extensive relevant experience in relevant field, with in-depth knowledge of environment/sustainability, waste management or waste education.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Well-developed understanding of the needs and strategies required to address waste management issues in the community.
- Experience in delivering face-to-face community engagement.
- High level computer literacy.
- Advanced problem solving skills, including experience in working with multiple stakeholders to resolve critical issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including excellent customer service skills and strength of character to deal effectively with difficult customers.
- Experience in engaging and partnering with culturally and linguistically diverse groups desired.
This is a great opportunity to work on a significant waste trial for a prominent Council. For further information please contact Vanessa on Tel 02 9734 7006 or apply by emailing your cover letter and CV.
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org