Trades Assistant – ACT Government
Seeking an experienced Trades Assistant to assist in a Fleet Workshop for ACT Gov’t.
3 months temp – immediate commencement.
38 hours per week / 7.6 hours per day / good pay rates apply!
The position will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of duties under the supervision of various trade staff members. These duties include activities associated with periodic fleet lube service procedures, heavy-duty industrial tyre and wheel replacement, vehicle chassis and engine cleaning. Other duties include workshop cleaning and minor maintenance activities as directed.
To be considered, suitable candidates will have the following requirements:
- Demonstrated experience working in a trade environment.
- Experience in motor vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Sound communication skills, both verbal and written including negotiation and liaison skills.
- Good understanding of and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Permanent Resident of Australia
- Appropriate Qualifications and/or relevant certificate. Experience in tyre fitting/vehicle servicing/trades assistance would be highly desirable
- Possession of a current motor vehicle licence and the ability to obtain and hold a Transport Canberra yard licence
- The ability to work rotating rostered shifts
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a National Police Check.
Apply by submitting your resume or contact Jan or Lauren on 02 6287 1960
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org